To ensure your body protector offers the optimum level of protection in line with its rated safety level, it is important that it fits correctly. The correct fit is one where the vest fits snug against the body. Where size ranges overlap, you should try the two closest sizes to determine which is the best for your body shape.
- Spine is determined by measuring from the base of the neck to the tail bone.
- Waist is determined by measuring around the narrow portion of the waist (NOT the hips).
- Chest is determined by measuring under the arms at the widest part across the chest.
- Some vests will also specify an Over Shoulder measurement. This is taken from the narrow part of the waist at your front, up and over the shoulder down to the corresponding spot at your back
- When fitting and removing vests, it is recommended that the touch-close tape straps at the sides and shoulders are used, to prevent undue stress on the zip
Each vest listed on our site shows its measurements as specified by the manufacturer, but we have also included size charts for all vests in our range so that you have the ability to narrow down your search at a glance.
Tipperary Youth’s “Ride-Lite” 1009-30
|X Small||55 - 65||50 - 60||30.5 - 45.5|
|Small||65 - 75||60 - 70||35.5 - 40.5|
|Medium||75 - 85||70 - 80||40.5 - 45.5|
|Large||85 - 95||80 - 90||45.5 - 50.5|
Tipperary Adult “Ride-Lite” Short Back 1009-08
|Small||85 - 95||70 - 80||45.5 - 50.5|
|Medium||95 - 105||80 - 90||45.5 - 50.5|
|Large||105 - 115||90 - 100||45.5 - 50.5|
|Tall Small||85 - 95||70 - 80||50.5 - 55.5|
|Tall Medium||95 - 105||80 - 90||50.5 - 55.5|
|Tall Large||105 - 115||90 - 100||50.5 - 55.5|